Are you looking for an inspiring educational experience?
Do you want to explore new ways to thrive sustainably?
Want to learn how to transform your life and regenerate your world?
Do you want to visit successful sustainable farms and communities in Costa Rica, to see how they do it?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, the Sustainable Living Expedition might be the right next step for you!
WHAT IS THE SUSTAINABLE LIVING EXPEDITION?
• Natural Building
• Renewable Energy Systems
• Growing Organic Food
• Food Forests
• Finding and Living in Community
• Developing a Sustainable Livelihood
• Regenerative Community Development
• Pioneers and innovators
• Successful intentional communities and homesteads
• Sustainable solutions and regenerative lifestyle experts
• Permaculture demonstration sites
• Ecological preservation projects
• Regenerative business leaders
• Health and wellness coaches
Join Upward Spirals and a network of Sustainable Solutions and Regenerative Lifestyle Experts on the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime. You’ll Experience with us hundreds of simple and fulfilling ways to thrive, Connect with some of the world’s most innovative projects.
Enjoy some of the best food of your life, immersed in lush and biodiverse tropical paradise, all brought together in a seamless and
unforgettable action-packed Expedition around Costa Rica.
YOUR EDUCATIONAL ADVENTURE INCLUDES
● Participating in multiple daily workshops, presentations and classes, customized to group preferences
● Adventuring through some of the most beautiful and biodiverse places on earth
● Visiting many permaculture farms, intentional communities, homesteads and impact centers, and experiencing new ways to live
● Learning from diverse experts with years of experience in a wide range of sustainable solutions and regenerative lifestyles
● Thriving through gourmet organic, local, meals and tropical fruits
You will graduate empowered with:
● A clear vision for how to transition to a thriving, fulfilling, and sustainable lifestyle
● Understanding of what is means to be a part of a collaborative community
● Resources, tools, knowledge, and inspiration to organize regenerative projects
● Connections to a network of passionate and effective innovators and social entrepreneurs
● A deepened ability to create your regenerative future
A rejuvenating lodge by a river in biodiverse organic farm community.
Nestled among lush jungle, permaculture gardens, and refreshing rivers, this charming lodge offers your guests a wonderful “home away from home” experience.
Explore several hiking trails on site, as well as a refreshing river with swimming holes and little waterfalls just a few steps from the front door. If you’re looking to venture off site, some of the biggest and most beautiful waterfalls in Costa Rica are just a short drive away. However, there is so much rich biodiversity on site (including over 250 species of birds), you might just prefer to
simply stay “home”. The lodge contains lots of books and fun board games, a variety of
instruments available to play, and plenty of hammocks.
Enjoy the “pura vida” lifestyle in one of the most popular places to stay in the area.
Paso de la danta
An off-grid village school in sustainable and regenerative practices.
Immersed in nature, with all its grandeur and splendor, this world-renowned homestead is perfect for naturalists, artists, mystics, and equestrians. It is also unique due to its cool mountains climate and close proximity to tropical beaches.
The lodge is a large, two-story, elegant earthen home, hand built by the owners in 1991 (the first modern sustainable home in Costa Rica) on top of a steep escarpment 1,000 meters above sea level. It is off-grid with solar power and natural spring water, and off the beaten path, surrounded by tropical forests and cascading rivers.
In the coastal range above Uvita, this inspiring and unique round ecolodge overlooks the famous Whale’s Tail coastline and a massive biological corridor stretches from the rainforests of the Osa Peninsula to Manuel Antonio and connects to several other national parks and ecological reserves. This corridor is home to many endangered and endemic species such as scarlet macaws, ocelots, jaguars, and squirrel monkeys.
PRIVATE ROOM UPGRADES
Upgrade from your shared room at Somertime Inn, to a deluxe private room at Shala Sol next door.
Shala Sol is a beautiful 3 story glass house, with spectacular views.
These rooms have 1 or 2 beds in each. Room upgrades are an additional $40 a night per room ($320 total) for 1 or 2 people to share.
TRIP COST AND DETAILS
MARCH 4 TH – MARCH 12 TH (9 DAYS / 8 NIGHTS) PRICE $1,680
• All Accommodations (8 nights) in shared rooms (private available)
• 3 meals a day - mostly organic and local, and unbelievable tropical fruits
• Food at restaurants visited during the Expedition is also included
• All workshops, presentations and hands on experiences
• Education from multiple experts, and one on one coaching
• Private transportation on daily excursions
• All wellness activities, yoga, meditation, Qigong
• Transportation from and to San Jose airport (On the 4 th and 12 th )
• Transportation directly from Envision on Monday the 4 th at 9:00am
• Flash drive with worlds largest sustainability resource library, guides, tools
• Reduce your carbon footprint! Every ticket comes with a tree planting sponsored by Community Carbon Trees
• Envision tickets
• Optional Flying Trapeze add-on
• Private room upgrade at Shala Sol
We take sound sound seriously. The dance floor is our temple. With each stage a sculptural masterpiece and Funktion-One sound system sending chills through your body, we spend the entire year masterfully crafting an all-night jungle beach celebration you'll never forget. Some sounds blast you away, while others will hug you closely. It’s crisp and holographic. Come prepared for a deep journey designed to invigorate all your senses.
Breathe, flow, and explore your freedom through physical expression. Our bodies are the vessels in this world that serve as the foundation from which we can discover our highest potential. Explore stages, spaces, and yoga shalas designed so you can completely let go and be wild in the natural environment of Envision. Release; The jungle is here to spot you.
Living is an art form. At Envision we curate a 360 degree immersive art environment that blends the edges of the canvas with the world around it.
Come as you are, leave as you want to be. We know our paths emerge from different directions, and we respect the stories and experiences that make us who we are now. No matter where we come from, or how our paths intertwine, we’re all about progressive inclusion.
To care for others we must first take care of ourselves. Experience and explore mindful practices for food, activity, medicine, and more that will nourish a lifetime of joyous behaviors and self-care rituals.
You are apart of something bigger. Discover the community you always knew existed - brought together by all of our similarities, and transformed by all of our differences.
We think long term. The 12 principles of permaculture are echoed throughout every undertaking at Envision. Before each decision is made, and before each shovel is dug into the Earth, we are dedicated to considering the future impact of our actions.
Strengthen your source connection. Envision supports you with a space where you can explore a deeper understanding of our common oneness with nature and each other.