Envision is seeking an experienced financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Location: Costa Rica for 2 month event cycle, otherwise working remotely is acceptable.
Function: The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company to include; the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Manage all finance and accounting operations including:
- A/R & Onsite Cashflow
- A/P & Onsite Settlements
- AAA and receiving reports
- Onsite Financial Instrument Inventory Management
- Bookkeeping & Quickbooks organization and reconciliation. Re-establish and optimize chart of accounts.
- Cashflow management
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the operations of the finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Collaborate with all departments and help them to reach their budget goals.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Reconcile all bank statements and monthly financial reports
- Assist The Board financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, new business opportunities and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors in the event of audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of combined financial and accounting experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with comprehension of Spanish and international accounting experience.
- Quickbooks Proficiency
- High level of personality and must be an expert at successfully working with people having a diverse and varied financial background; must enjoy working in a tight knit team environment.
- Highly proficient with computers and networks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact in a friendly, helpful and professional manner while on property and/or conducting company business.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly and fluently
- The ability to work under pressure, multitask and resolve problems.
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Must keep confidential information, confidential
- Must possess honesty and integrity
Working Conditions: Primarily will be working remotely throughout the year. Presence is required onsite at Envision Festival in Costa Rica for a minimum duration of January 17th – March 15th. Finance department will need a representative onsite no later than January 8th, 2017. Will be expected to travel as needed to company meetings, Preference will be given to candidates willing to spend extended periods of the year in Costa Rica. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected. During the time of the event, it is typical to work extraordinary hours.
Supervises: All Finance Department Staff (Bookkeeper, A/P… TBD)
Language: Fluent in English, preference given to candidates with Spanish comprehension