It is recommended that you stay the night in Manzanillo on the 11th
Upon arriving at Envision, students will gain experience setting up a field medical clinic and begin treating Staff and Volunteers during Build Week of the Festival.
The culmination of the study. Hands on experience in a real working Herbal Clinic as our village of participants thrives around us.
Ithaca Health Alliance and Free Clinic
Northeast School of Botanical Medicine
7Song has been studying plants, people and herbal medicines for over 20 years with a focus on botany, materia medica, physiology, medicine making, wild crafting, clinical work, herbal education and botanical photography.Working with herbalism as a political path, encouraging community, changing the status quo around the way medicine is practiced and offering free medicine is 7Song’s life’s dedication. he believes being able to assess people’s health difficulties and how the plants can help them beyond the physical healing process helps us to increase our connection to the world of people and nature.7Song is an international speaker and educator, Director of the Northeast School of Botanical Medicine, founding member of the Ithaca Free Clinic and an integral member of CALM (Center for Alternative Living Medicine) trusted in setting up public health and sanitation systems as well as providing free healthcare to the Rainbow Family and a facilitator for the herbal brigade of Natural Doctors International in Omatepe, Nicaragua.
Sarah is a clinical herbalist, ethnobotanist, ecologist and herbal educator for 15 years working as a Planetary Eclectic, providing integrative health care that focuses on the health and wellness of the patient before projecting any of her own personal beliefs. Sarah has a vast knowledge of tropical ecology and tropical medicinal plants and much of her practice is focused on herbalists as first responders.As permaculture educator and event curator of the Envision Village Witches, Medicines from the Edge: A Tropical Herbal Convergence and the Director of the Punta Mona Center for Regenerative Design & Botanical Studies, Sarah is dedicated to affordable education that mentors students through the framework of the principles and ethics of permaculture to become interactive members of the global community.
- Orientation to jungle life, safety and community health issues
- Formulation for the Practicing Herbalist
- Free Clinic and Street Medic: Practicing as a Clinical Herbalist in a Free Clinic
- Introduction to Tropical Materia Medica
- Farm Tour with a Medicine Plant Focus
- First Aid, Emergency Medicine
- Principal Plants in Herbal First Aid
- Herbs for Pain and Trauma
- Wound Care
- Preparing a Practical Home Herbal First Aid Kit
- Setting up a First Aid Station
Physiology/Pathophysiology – Herbal Medicine and Treatment Approaches for the:
- Urinary System
- Female Reproductive
- Immune and Lymphatic System
- Respiratory System
- Skin Ailments
- Digestive System
- Muscolo-Skeletal System
- Nervous System
- Interested in Learning More?
- All workshops and class materials
- Glamping (fancy beautiful tents) and meals at Punta Mona
- Three meals during the Envision build and 1 meal a day during the festival
- Festival shower pass
- Admission to Envision as a volunteer
- Travel to Envision via private bus
- Excursion to the Kekoldi Indigenous Cultural Center and the Ark Herb Farm
- Hotel lodging and dinner in San Jose
- Transportation via boat to/from Manzanillo and Punta Mona
- Students must bring their own sheets, towels and tent to Envision*tent rentals are available via Envision Festival registration, we will not be bringing the glamping tents from Punta Mona